Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

I have a system using sonos1 that will not play. It just

Customer Question

I have a system using sonos1 that will not play. It just reverts to stop play
JA: Who makes your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: About 10 years old it is all based on Sonos units apart from one unit in our sitting room
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: problem is it is in a London flat that, due to lockdown we have not used very much it worked on our last visit
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no I don’t think So
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 15 days ago.

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.co.uk

I would like to start by introducing myself, I am Andrew, one of the many experts on JustAnswer.co.uk with over 30 years of experience! I know it can be frustrating when electronics go wrong but from my experience, misconfiguration is usually the most common reason and with the right advice and guidance you can be sure to have them addressed. Please allow me a few moments to investigate the information you have logged with us today so that I can provide you with the information you need to have this matter addressed

I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you are having trouble with a Sonon 1 where it reverts to stop/play. I have found audio stops or skips can occur if a Sonos product has a weak wireless connection to your router or the nearest wired Sonos product. If you are in a wireless setup, move any affected Sonos products closer to the router. I have also found that if there is enough signal but faces network problems, a power cycle on the router can also be an approach you can take and to do so, please see the steps I have attached below.

1. Remove the power cable from the router. 
  2. Wait 2 - 3 minutes and then proceed to reconnect the cable. 
  3. Allow 2 - 3 minutes for your router to start up again and establish a network connection. 
  4. Ensure the Sonos is connected, Launch the Sonos app on your device. 
  5. Lastly, check if that improves the situation. 

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew