Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

My cordless hoover is saying clean filter but filter is

My cordless hoover is saying clean filter but filter is clean
JA: Do you know the model of your Hoover appliance? How old is it?
Customer: id say 2-3 years old modelnotwrote anywhere on it
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hoover appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i cleaned the filter says wee icon clean filter and cuts power going on 3 days now
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: motor seems to be feving up and down

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.co.uk

I would like to start by introducing myself, I am Andrew, one of the many experts on JustAnswer.co.uk with over 30 years of experience! I know it can be frustrating when electronics go wrong but from my experience, misconfiguration is usually the most common reason and with the right advice and guidance you can be sure to have them addressed. Please allow me a few moments to investigate the information you have logged with us today so that I can provide you with the information you need to have this matter addressed

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Could I confirm the unit is prompting a clean on the filters? 

Customer: replied 13 days ago.

Could you let me know the make and model?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
What can I do

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I don’t see it written anywhere
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
It’s purple

Do you know the make of it?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
When I take the long pole off seems to go ok

May I know the make of the cordless vacuum?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Where would I find model no written
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Going ok now

I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you have a query relating to a vacuum that is prompting for the filter to be cleaned. I would suggest you will need to start by cleaning the filter as this can cause the vacuum to have a poor suction to collect the waste into the waste unit. I would suggest you refer to the steps I have attached below to assist you in clearing the attached filter;

1. Unscrew the vacuum cleaner to expose the filter.
  2. Remove the filter from the vacuum.
  3. Dip the filter in water that has a mild detergent, then wash it until it is clean.
  4. Rinse it properly.
  5. Leave the filter to dry completely.

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew