Mace2012
Mace2012, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  At your service..
68179415

I have a thetford n175 replaced the thermistor was getting

Customer Question

I have a thetford n175 replaced the thermistor was getting cold worked for a while but the stops do you think it could be the heater
JA: Is your heater gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: it is a three way caravan fridge 2012
JA: How long has this been going on with your heater? What have you tried so far?
Customer: about three months
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: if I switch it off for a while then switch on it works
Expert:  Mace2012 replied 15 days ago.

Good day,

You have reached justanswer.co.uk., an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is ***** ***** Support Technician with over 10 years of experience, and I will assist you with your appliance today. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance. I understand how frustrating that can be. Hope we can resolve it quickly.

Expert:  Mace2012 replied 15 days ago.

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. Please consider the following details below that could possibly be the issue.

1. Temperature problems

There are a few things that could be causing this. Start by checking that the fridge is level. Next, check to see if there’s sufficient ventilation. If neither of these solve the problem, you could have an issue with a failing cooling unit.

Please try this to solve the issue:

Leave it unplugged and empty with door open for around 12-24 hours.

Then plug it back (expect some water on the floor) and wait for another 4-8 hours so it gets back to optimum temperature.

The problem should be resolved.

2.Gas problems

There are a few reasons behind this. First, it could be down to the thermocouple, which regulates how much gas is in the fridge’s burner at any time. If this component fails, it’s time to replace it. If replacing the thermocouple doesn’t fix the issue, perhaps your pilot light’s gas line has too much air in it. This will prevent the pilot light from turning on and staying on.

3. Would be possibly testing the thermostat sensor and that the fixing screws to the cooling fins are tight, there could however be a blockage in the cooling unit which is dislodging itself then taking weeks of months then getting stuck again.

4.The temperature display in scrolling and can’t switch between power sources please contact engineer for inspection.The unit needs to be inspected in one of authorized repair centers.

Expert:  Mace2012 replied 15 days ago.

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you have any follow up questions then please let me know