Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

There is no power going to dishwasher. Have checked

Customer Question

There is no power going to dishwasher . Have checked connections and changed fuse
JA: What's the brand and model of your dishwasher? How old is it?
Customer: I have no idea how old it is as we have only been in the house a month or so. The model number is *****
JA: The Appliance Technician can help you find the model number for your dishwasher; I'll connect you shortly. How long has this been going on with your dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just today , yesterday it was working fine . Have changed the fuse , checked the plug connections and reset from the fuse box.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 15 days ago.

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.co.uk

I would like to start by introducing myself, I am Andrew, one of the many experts on JustAnswer.co.uk with over 30 years of experience! I know it can be frustrating when electronics go wrong but from my experience, misconfiguration is usually the most common reason and with the right advice and guidance you can be sure to have them addressed. Please allow me a few moments to investigate the information you have logged with us today so that I can provide you with the information you need to have this matter addressed

I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you have a query relating to a dishwasher which has no sign of power. I noticed you have already changed the fuse which is a good start as I don't have to run over the basics with you of making such changes. I would suggest looking for tripped breakers: Check for tripped breakers in your home's circuit breaker box, resetting any if needed by pushing them up north to switch them back on.

1. Perform a hard reset, sometimes, resetting your dishwasher can resolve power glitches. To reset a dishwasher, unplug it or turn it off at the circuit breaker.

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I’ve already said that I have checked the power connection and reset it at the fuse box
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I do not wish to pay more for a phone call if you read my original questions I’ve already said that I have done what you have suggested

If you have done all the obvious checks, it's like an internal problem that would need checking with a multi meter, does the unit have a valid warranty?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Like I said we have just moved in so do not know how old it is or have any warranty details . We do have a multimeter though .

Locate the thermal fuse and carefully disconnect the two wires and remove the thermal fuse. Using your multimeter on the Rx1 setting, touch the contacts of the fuse with the probes. You should receive a reading of zero or nearly zero if there is continuity.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Ok will get my husband to do this won’t be straight away . If it’s not a reading of zero / nearly zero ?

Then you know the Thermal Fuse is where the problem is.