Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

Dishwasher isn't turning on, no lights or anything. Have

Dishwasher isn't turning on, no lights or anything. Have changed fuse and checked latch micro switch for continuity. All fine. However, when I slam the door hard, I can hear the pump kick in momentarily then stop. Very strange.
JA: What's the brand and model of your dishwasher? How old is it?
Customer: Siemens. Not sure on age as inherited with house. I'd guess 10-15 years
JA: How long has this been going on with your Siemens dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 24hrs.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Model number se64630gb/17
Good Evening 

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an appliance technician for 20 years.

I work with a language translation program and would be very grateful for your understanding.

I'm sorry I can't talk on the phone, but another expert can do it for you if you wish. If you were to book the phone service, then you may have to wait a little while until another expert becomes free and accepts your phone request.

I will try to help you as much as possible via chat.

I am sorry that you are having this problem! Please give me a few minutes to check what kind of device you have and download the correct documents. If you have not written the model number or manufacturer please write it to me now.

I ask you now for a little patience.

It may be that you have a faulty control board. It is also possible that a cable connecting the door to the bottom of the dishwasher is defective. What happens when you press and hold the door shut? Does the appliance work better? Or does it stop in the same way?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi. Doesn't help holding the door closed, even pushing very hard.

Okay, then either a cable connection is defective or the control board is defective. Normally, you would have to open the entire machine and check the power supply up to the control board. You would also have to open the covers of the door between the machines and check whether a cable connection is broken.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I've taken the door off. Connections appear to be ok. I've tested the latch micro switch with a multimeter also and it appears to be working fine.

If you are 100% sure that the cable connection and the door switch are OK, then only the control board remains. I am really very sorry. Then the control board must be replaced.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I wouldn't want to say I'm 100% sure but all seem secure. Would you say it's worth changing out the control board or is it 'new machine time'?

If the device is more than eight years old, it is usually not worth repairing. It is also possible that other components may gradually break down. The control board costs between 90-190 pounds depending on the model.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
it's at least 10 years old, possibly more as was inherited from previous home owner

To be honest, then it's not really worth it. Ultimately, it's their decision. She's better off invested in buying a new one with a guarantee.