James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

CBNPbs 4858 liebherr need help as freezer is iced up and

Customer Question

CBNPbs 4858 liebherr need help as freezer is iced up and should be self de- frosting
JA: Do you know the model of your Liebherr freezer? How old is it?
Customer: CBNPbs 4858 is model
JA: How long has this been going on with your Liebherr freezer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: de-frosting myself
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I want to remove the back panel of the freezer
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  James replied 14 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today. Sorry to hear your having issues, please stand by while I look into the problem for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  James replied 14 days ago.

When you are defrosting are you doing it over 6 or more hours or only partially defrosting it?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
it is supposed to be an auto defrost model. I want to know how to remove the white plastic back panel of the freezer to clear any blockage in the drain hole
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I would prefer not to call at the moment - can you instruct me on the back panel removal?
Expert:  James replied 14 days ago.

The plastic panel will snap if you try and remove it as you need specialist pry tools to get it out without snapping the clips, you need to do a full defrost over at least 6 hours, Self defrosting its just a feature units still need manually defrost from time to time where frost builds up in areas not reached by the defrost element

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you are happy for the question to be closed there is no need to reply (as this will reopen the question), however do let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hello James - I am fully defrosting freezer - how often does this need to be done? Should I get the appliance serviced?
Expert:  James replied 14 days ago.

Modern appliances are normally frost free but I would say once every few years.

I have been asked to acknowledge I have closed the question, have a great day, should you need further assistance please do reply back and this will reopen the question.