KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

I have followed James's instructions to attempt to cure my

I have followed James's instructions to attempt to cure my AEG fridge/freezer motor running almost constantly. Have left unit off and empty and now switched back on. How long should I wait before putting food back in fridge and freezer. I can hear motor running quietly now and hope it will switch off, I assume, when it reaches stated temperatures ie -5degrees fridge -18degrees freezer. Thanks James.

Good afternoon and Welcome to Justanswer,

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

Please wait for another 4-8 hours so it gets back to optimum temperature.

However, if the issue appears again then the problem is with defrost operation.

You will have to test/replace the temperature sensor and/or defrost heater element to resolve the issue.

Alternatively, you may call AEG at 03445 611 611 to book repair.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thanks Kevin. Running quietly and smoothly. So far so good. Will wait 4-8 hours to get back to optimum temperature. Hope the procedure given by James has cured the problem? Thanks

Fingers crossed, it should work.

You're welcome and Good Luck.

I hope I was able to answer your question.

If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert.

You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish.

Have a wonderful day.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Just to let you know after following your advice the fridge/freezer is running quietly and smoothly. High temperature alarm indicator now gone off. I've now got the job of putting my food back. Should I put the Coolmatic function on as obviously it will take a little while to put all the food back though I may do it in instalments so as not to have the door open for too long. The Coolmatic function is for putting a large amount of food in, say after shopping. Thanks for advice.

Excellent, yes you may put the food back inside.

You are very welcome and Good Luck.

Have a wonderful day.