Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

My hitachi tv has sound but just a black s reen what can i

Hi my hitachi tv has sound but just a black s reen what can i do ?
JA: Do you know the model of your Hitachi appliance? How old is it?
Customer: V16c02596
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hitachi appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: About 6 hrs
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Turning off unplugged etc

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.co.uk

I would like to start by introducing myself, I am Andrew, one of the many experts on JustAnswer.co.uk with over 30 years of experience! I know it can be frustrating when electronics go wrong but from my experience, misconfiguration is usually the most common reason and with the right advice and guidance you can be sure to have them addressed. Please allow me a few moments to investigate the information you have logged with us today so that I can provide you with the information you need to have this matter addressed

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Could you let me know when it was working last? 

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
About 1200 today
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Well reimburse me the £16
Customer: replied 14 days ago.

I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you have a query relating to a Television that displays a blank screen, however, is able to produce audio. I would suggest we start by checking all the cabling and the perform a power cycle and to do so, please see the steps I have attached below that I would like you to attempt.

1. Power the tv off. (Press the power button on the remote)
  2. Remove the power cable from the power source. 
  3. Check the HDMI cable and ensure it is connected to the ports firmly on the tv and the device it's connected to. 
  4. Reconnect the power cable to the power source. 
  5. Power the tv on. (Press the power button on the remote)
  6. Lastly, check if the image has returned. 

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew