Tim JA
Tim JA, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

My haier washer/dryer makes a lot of noise and shakes a lot

My haier washer/dryer makes a lot of noise and shakes a lot when spinning.
JA: Do you know the model of your Haier washer-dryer? How old is it?
Customer: Yes it’s the series 7 HWD120-b14979
JA: How long has this been going on with your Haier washer-dryer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: the last 2 days i haven’t tried anything as I don’t know what to do
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no it’s otherwise working well and quietly

Good evening, and welcome to the Technical section in Just Answer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear of your washer/dryer problem.

The first thing to do is check what happens with no laundry in the machine.  If it still vibrates then it definitely has a fault, otherwise it could be cause by an unbalanced load.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hello Tim! I’ve just had my husband have a look at it again and he’s realised he forgot to take the metal parts off from the back of the washing machine after watching a video on YouTube on how to instal the machine! We hope that’s the reason why it’s making a noise. I did it on an empty load and it was super quiet but then started making a lot of noise when loaded.

Ah, yes, that would make it vibrate!

Have you had a chance to remove the transit bolts and then try again, or is that a job for the morning?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
The transit bolts is what we hadn’t removed! My husband has removed them and we will try it in the morning (unfortunately we thought it was faulty so we took the washing machine out and put our old one in, so now in the morning we need to take the old one and put in the Haier.)

Understood.

Another thing that is sometimes missed is the importance of routing the waste hose correctly.  It needs to rise to the height of the top of the machine before dropping down again.  This is especially important when connecting the waste hose to a sink trap.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
That’s great thank you so much for letting me know and we will keep that in mind for tomorrow.

:-)