Mace2012
Mace2012, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  At your service..
68179415

I've just bought a soup maker from Lakeland and have started

Hi I've just bought a soup maker from Lakeland and have started to make my first soup - a mixed veg and set for a smooth soup. it started ok showing 19 mins then at 16 mins stopped with nothing showing. I let it cool for a few mins then started again this time it stopped at 13 mins! Any ideas what I'm doing wrong, please?
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance?
Customer: Morphy Richards soup maker compact model no 501021
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: this is my very first use - I only bought it the other day
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no I can't think of anything I followed the instructions. The only thing is I got it from Lakeland and is was reduced because the box was damaged

Good day,

You have reached justanswer.co.uk., an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is ***** ***** Support Technician with over 10 years of experience, and I will assist you with your appliance today. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance. I understand how frustrating that can be. Hope we can resolve it quickly.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you Mace

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question.

It will stop if food gets burnt onto the bottom. This an overheat protection. When that happens, the cycle is completely aborted. Please keep the bottom of the container very clean and to coat it with oil or molten butter before adding any ingredients. The cycle does stop and start but the timing indicator on the top should show that the time is still counting down until the end, when the device will beep.

However, If problem do not resolve, you can take the item back into store with your proof of purchase, they will inspect the item for damage and check your warranty status, and offer you the available return options from there. If the item was delivered originally, you can phone Online Customer Services.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you for your reply - it's the first time I've used it. If I can't get it to work i think I'll return it to the store. Thanks for the advice though.

You are most welcome it has been a pleasure chatting with you today.

I hope I was able to answer your question.  If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert. You’ll have the option to do that on your “My Questions” page if you choose to rate our interaction or type @ followed by my name in your next chat.

Thanks for reaching justanswer.com.uk

Have a nice day

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Just to let you know Mace that I tried again after your advice and it has been a success! I have now made my first lot of soup in a soup maker!! Have a nice day too

Excellent, Glad it is sorted.

It was a pleasure to assist you today.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
After the advice I received fromCustomermy machine worked and has been okay since. Thank you

You are very welcome :)

Thanks for reaching justanswer.com.uk

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I have rated you.

Thank you. It has been a pleasure chatting with you today.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
I have rated you and it was sent

Thank you. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks for reaching justanswer.com.uk

Enjoy the rest of your day!