Tim JA
Tim JA, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

Built in oven has gone dead. Checked consumer unit and no

Built in oven has gone dead. Checked consumer unit and no problem. Separate main oven is fine. Both units installed 12 months ago.
JA: Is your oven gas or electric?
Customer: Electric
JA: How long has this been going on with your oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It's a combination oven that stopped working yesterday. It was working first thing yesterday when I used it to make porridge. So far have just checked the main consumer unit apart from testing the touch features
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I can give you the serial number. The manual ref is C17MR02.0B
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Good morning, and welcome to the Technical section in Just Answer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear of your oven problem.

The first step is to find out whether or not the fault is in the supply to the oven, or within the appliance itself. Is there a dedicated isolating switch for it, nearby?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thank you. Problem solved.

I'm glad to hear that :-)
Where was the problem?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks Tim. Problem sorted.

I'm glad to hear that :-)
Where was the problem?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Switched off at the power supply

Ah, OK.  That's cheap to solve!  I will make a note to include a check of the power switch when I respond to similar questions, so your information is very useful, thank you :-)