Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

I have a hotpoint hud26g fan oven and it won’t heat up. Fan

Customer Question

I have a hotpoint hud26g fan oven and it won’t heat up. Fan still works and oven light works
JA: Is your Hotpoint oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: Electric approx 5 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hotpoint oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yesterday. It tripped out so I reset electric trip on my trip switchboard but it won’t heat up
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don’t think so
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 21 days ago.

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.co.uk

I would like to start by introducing myself, I am Andrew, one of the many experts on JustAnswer.co.uk with over 30 years of experience! I know it can be frustrating when electronics go wrong but from my experience, misconfiguration is usually the most common reason and with the right advice and guidance you can be sure to have them addressed. Please allow me a few moments to investigate the information you have logged with us today so that I can provide you with the information you need to have this matter addressed

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Could you let me know the make and model of the unit?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Hotpoint HUD61G
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Sorry I didn’t realise it was £16 please cancel that teqiest
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Please do not charge my card with 16£
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Please confirm
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Helli
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Hello???

I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you have a query relating to an oven which fails to heat up. I have found In most cases, if your fan oven is not heating up the problem will turn out to be that your fan oven element is faulty. However, instead of replacing the entire cooker, you can easily replace the oven element and save yourself a bit of money. In this scenario, you will need a professional assistant who can take care of the replacement for you and in such case, if you are unsure who to contact, I have attached additional instructions below.

1. Go to Yell.com
  2. In the search field, enter Appliance Engineer. 
  3. In the location search, enter your postal code for local results. 
  4. Lastly, call the services and book one that fits your budget.

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

I just noticed you wanted to cancel.

Sorry to hear you have decided to cancel your services, you will need to contact our dedicated team on the following number who can assist you with the termination request - 0808 164 937

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
That telephone number is *****!!!