Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

The light telling me that the filter needs cleaning keeps

Customer Question

the light telling me that the filter needs cleaning keeps coming on even though i bought 3 new filters, and replaced them, can the filters differ for different models? its a e10 model
JA: Have you replaced the light fixture or switch before? If so, how long ago?
Customer: no replacement as its quite new, ser no ze8-uk-nfjo177a
JA: How long has this been going on with your lighting? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 3 months, washed filters, replaced filters (3 new bought) any slight dust on filter causes light to come on brushed filter down but light still comes on
JA: Who makes your lighting?
Customer: filters bought of internet not from dyson but suppose to be compatible
JA: How long has this been going on with your Dyson lighting? What have you tried so far?
Customer: ive already answered tha queston
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: does the filter light come on for any other reason other than a blocked filter?
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 20 days ago.

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.co.uk

I would like to start by introducing myself, I am Andrew, one of the many experts on JustAnswer.co.uk with over 30 years of experience! I know it can be frustrating when electronics go wrong but from my experience, misconfiguration is usually the most common reason and with the right advice and guidance you can be sure to have them addressed. Please allow me a few moments to investigate the information you have logged with us today so that I can provide you with the information you need to have this matter addressed

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Could you let me know the make and model of the unit?

As I have not heard back from you with the information requested, I will have to provide my answer based on the information you have provided us already, this may not be accurate, however, if you do wish to provide me with more information I can then look into investigating further!

Based on the information you have provided it sounds like you have a query relating to a vacuum cleaner which has prompted you to clean the filter. I have found when a filter is dirty or needs to be cleaned, the machine has a reduced power with suction when attempting to hoover, this can also cause the motor to overheat so you should always stay on top of cleaning filters, emptying waste tanks and also blockages that could occur. I have attached instructions below which will assist you in cleaning the filter and should you have any other questions, please do let me know.

1. Unscrew the vacuum cleaner to expose the filter.
  2. Remove the filter from the vacuum.
  3. Dip the filter in water that has a mild detergent, then wash it until it is clean.
  4. Rinse it properly.
  5. Leave the filter to dry completely, a damp filter cannot operate effectively.

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew