Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

My washer has the error message H43, what does this mean?

Customer Question

JA: Is your washer top or front loading? How old is it?
Customer: Front loading about 6years, Model NA-148VG4
JA: How long has this been going on with your washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 3 days There is water leaking out of the back
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No. Regards, Gor***** *****
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 17 days ago.

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.co.uk

I would like to start by introducing myself, I am Andrew, one of the many experts on JustAnswer.co.uk with over 30 years of experience! I know it can be frustrating when electronics go wrong but from my experience, misconfiguration is usually the most common reason and with the right advice and guidance you can be sure to have them addressed. Please allow me a few moments to investigate the information you have logged with us today so that I can provide you with the information you need to have this matter addressed

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Could you let me know the make and model of the unit?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Panasonic NA-148VG4
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Are you still there?

I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you have a query relating to the Hotpoint washer that is prompting the H43 error code. I have found that H43 indicates the anti-flood device in the base of the appliance has been activated. In this scenario, you will need to drain the water from the base and to do so, please see the instructions I have attached below.

1. Power the unit off. (Press the power button)
  2. Remove the power cable from the power source. 
  3. Ensure there is nothing inside of the unit for the next step, it will need to be empty. 
  4. Tilt the unit backwards and forward to remove water from the base. 
  5. Clean any spillages and ensure you have a dry surface, safety comes first!
  6. Re-connect the power cable to the power source. 
  7. Power the machine back on. (Press the power button)
  8. Run a wash cycle and let me know if the error has cleared. 

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Surely there is a reason for the base to flood

I have found some times the water can fail to drain and end up in the base.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
It's happened 4 times now

If you attempt that first if it happens again, you are absolutely right, there will be a leak and you will need to consult a professional at that stage to pinpoint where it has gone wrong and repair it where possible.