Tim JA
Tim JA, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I set the cotton programme to wash 1 hour and when it

Customer Question

I set the cotton programme to wash 1 hour and when it started it jumped to 6 hours. I have tried altering the programme or switching it off completely but it comes back on automatically to the six hour setting. I cannot alter it or change the programme or open the door. How can I stop it. It’s a washer/ dryer
JA: Is your washer top or front loading? How old is it?
Customer: Front loading. It’s about 5 years old. I’ve never had this problem before
JA: How long has this been going on with your washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I’ve tried turning it to the dryer programme and then off to open the door but it keeps reverting to 6 hour wash
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don’t think so
Expert:  Tim JA replied 19 days ago.

Good evening, and welcome to the Technical section in Just Answer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear of your appliance problem. Are you able to open the door?  If so, please tell me the model number that's shown on the rating label.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Not able to open door. I don’t know whether these are the numbers you require CM338. ROI (01)(###) ###-####washer dryer serie 6. 8.5 kg
Expert:  Tim JA replied 19 days ago.

I don't recognise that model number, so please attach a photo so that I can identify it - see the following guidance on attaching photos:

https://www.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Expert:  Tim JA replied 18 days ago.

Good morning, I haven't heard back from you yet. Without the requested information, I can only give you a fairly general answer. I hope it is helpful.

The next step is to follow the troubleshooting guidance in the manual for your appliance. If you don't have the manual then I can attach it here for you, but of course I need to know the model.

If you can respond with more details, I can be more specific and likely add more information for you.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I consulted the manual and have sorted the problem thank you
Expert:  Tim JA replied 18 days ago.

I'm glad to hear that!  Have a great weekend :-)

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I did reply. I fixed the problem myself.
Expert:  Tim JA replied 17 days ago.

I'm glad that you fixed it   Was there a fault with the appliance?