Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

Our Hotpoint washing machine broke down mid cycle and can't

Customer Question

Our Hotpoint washing machine broke down mid cycle and can't open the door
JA: Have you tried resetting your Hotpoint washer by unplugging it for 60 seconds then plugging it back in? How old is it?
Customer: I can't because if I turn it on the fuse of the house goes off. There's something electrical going wrong
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hotpoint washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It's 9 years old
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It happened today but we can't rely try much as we go off power. Is there a way I can open the door and get theclothes out without the machine being on?
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 19 days ago.
Good Afternoon 

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an appliance technician for 20 years.

I work with a language translation program and would be very grateful for your understanding.

I'm sorry I can't talk on the phone, but another expert can do it for you if you wish. If you were to book the phone service, then you may have to wait a little while until another expert becomes free and accepts your phone request.

I will try to help you as much as possible via chat.

I am sorry that you are having this problem! Please give me a few minutes to check what kind of device you have and download the correct documents. If you have not written the model number or manufacturer please write it to me now.

I ask you now for a little patience.

Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 19 days ago.

There can be several reasons why you cannot open the door. It may be that you have problems with the door switch, control board or door lock. Depending on the manufacturer, there may be a different reason. Can you describe what symbols you see on the control panel or display? Or send me a photo of it so I can examine it. You have a place below the right side of the message box where you can attach photos.

Here is a link how it is described how you can send photos.

https://www.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert