James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My gas cooker won't switch on, bosch but no idea what model

Customer Question

My gas cooker won't switch on
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: bosch but no idea what model it is
JA: The Appliance Technician can help you find the model number; I'll connect you shortly. How long has this been going on with your Bosch appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just pressing button to switch on. Just this morning
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no not really i can send pic of cooker if you like
Expert:  James replied 17 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today. Sorry to hear your having issues, please stand by while I look into the problem for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  James replied 17 days ago.

What is the model number of your appliance, and how old is it?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No idea what the model is, it's around 2 years old. Works with a flint. So when I press the button it lights up but when I let go it turns off.
Expert:  James replied 17 days ago.

That would suggest the thermocouple which detects the presence of the flame has failed and its stopping the gas flow to the jet, you need to book in a gas engineer to strip the cooker down and replace the thermocouple.

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you are happy for the question to be closed there is no need to reply (as this will reopen the question), however do let me know if you have any follow up questions.