Pete itpeter
Pete itpeter,
Experience:  dasdasd
30970729

I Have an LG 24MP88HV-S monitor as a second screen to my

Customer Question

I Have an LG 24MP88HV-S monitor as a second screen to my Macbook and no matter what resolution I choose or picture mode on the monitor, I cannot get the screen sharp, all of my text looks like it has an offset or halo. Can you offer any advice pls?
JA: Who makes your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: LG 2yrs old
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: since i bought it, tried adjusting resolution on my Mac settings and the screen settings, nothing gets the text pin sharp..
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Expert:  Pete itpeter replied 19 days ago.

Hi! My name is***** am the expert who will be assisting you today.

What type of cable are you using to connect the external monitor to your Macbook?

If the cable and monitor are compatible, you will need to try adjusting the resolution: 

1. From the Apple menu, choose System Preferences, then click Displays.
  2. In Display Settings, select the external display in the sidebar, then press and hold the Option key while you click Scaled to see additional resolutions.
  3. Select a resolution, then click Done.

If the expected resolution doesn't appear for your display, check the specifications page to see what display resolutions your Macbook supports.

Does that completely answer your question? Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or if anything in this answer was unclear, and I will be happy to help.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
A Mac adapter linked to a Sky HDMI cable

You could try using a different cable in case the one you are using is poor quality or incompatible.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
that's worked thank you
Glad to hear it worked! Best, Pete.
Expert:  Pete itpeter replied 18 days ago.

Hi, just following up on your question - please let me know if you have any further questions about this and I'll be more than happy to help :) Have a great day, Pete.