Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

I have a circle symbol with a padlock in it in the left hand

Customer Question

Hi, I have a circle symbol with a padlock in it in the left hand corner on my washing machine and now it won’t start or let me open the door. I’ve held the start button for 3-5 seconds and pressed the rpm and finish button and nothing is happening.
JA: Is your washer top or front loading? How old is it?
Customer: front loading and it’s 4 years old.
JA: How long has this been going on with your washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It appeared yesterday morning. I’ve held the start button for 5 seconds, I’ve held the rpm and finish button together ans I’ve unplugged it for 4 hours.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have just come back from holiday so have used the machine a lot between Sunday and weds.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 16 days ago.

Good Day

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an appliance technician for 20 years.

I work with a language translation program and would be very grateful for your understanding.

I'm sorry I can't talk on the phone, but another expert can do it for you if you wish. If you were to book the phone service, then you may have to wait a little while until another expert becomes free and accepts your phone request.

I will try to help you as much as possible via chat.

I am sorry that you are having this problem! Please give me a few minutes to check what kind of device you have and download the correct documents. If you have not written the model number or manufacturer please write it to me now.

I ask you now for a little patience.

Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 16 days ago.

Can you describe what symbols you see on the control panel or display? Or send me a photo of it so I can examine it. You have a place below the right side of the message box where you can attach photos.

Here is a link how it is described how you can send photos.

https://www.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
File attached (76S12ZT)
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 16 days ago.

I have seen the photo. Thank you for the information. Everything looks normal. But I think they have problems with the door lock. It is possible that the switch is working incorrectly and everything remains locked. It is recommended that you switch off the unit and leave the power on high for at least 1 hour so that a reset can be performed. When you open the service door at the bottom, you will see a black lever on the side. This is the emergency opening level. If you pull these levers down, the door should open in an emergency.