canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

I have an old singer 720 sewing machine the presser foot is

Customer Question

I have an old singer 720 sewing machine the presser foot is too high
JA: How old is your Singer sewing machine?
Customer: I don't know
JA: How long has this been going on with your Singer sewing machine? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The machine has been passed down after bereavement its not been used for maybe 12 months I've cleaned and oiled it but if I use an adjustable presser foot its too high and if I use the original feet the needle hits the presser foot and won't sew
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The machine does work and when I used the adjustable presser foot low enough to put the foot in the right position it sewed lovely but the adapter keeps falling off
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 19 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the repair field for over 20 years. I am sorry you are having issues with your singer sewing machine presser foot. I will be glad to help you today.

I'm happy to help you decide if you need to get your appliance professionally repaired or if you can manage the repair yourself. However, sometimes it takes me time to type out a more extended response; please be patient!

Here is a video that shows how to raise and lower the presser foot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVczdRK_K6s

Do you have any additional questions or concerns?

It appears as if you are offline. I hope the information provided helped resolve your issue. If you have additional questions or more information when you log back on, don't hesitate to contact me to continue working together. Further information can help me answer your question.

Please reach out to me if anything changes or if you need to chat further!

Please contact me if anything changes or if you need to chat further!

You can add me to your favorites from the "My Questions" page, and if you start the question with the words "For canuck the pro," that will request me.

I surely want to be your go-to expert. Maybe I can tell you some household things that might be helpful. How to flush your water heater, maintain your dishwasher, or anything else that would be helpful to you. Thank you so much for allowing me to help with this today.