James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

The ice dispenser is leaking, samsung RS6*N** emptying out

Customer Question

the ice dispenser is leaking
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: samsung RS6*N**
JA: What have you tried so far with your Samsung product?
Customer: emptying out ice from dispenser. it seems that water pours in to fill ice tray but doesn't seem to know when to stop
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: RS68N8230SL is the precise model number
Expert:  James replied 18 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today. Sorry to hear your having issues, please stand by while I look into the problem for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  James replied 18 days ago.

The inlet valve which delivers water to the ice dispenser has likely failed and needs replaced as the seal has perished (hence not stopping the flow of water).

A repair can be arranged here

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you are happy for the question to be closed there is no need to reply (as this will reopen the question), however do let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Can you give me an estimate of how much it will cost to repair and how soon you can come out please?
Expert:  James replied 18 days ago.

The link above will give you a quote for repair, but suspect its will be around £200.