James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My fridge is freesing, 3 years old dooooont fave the brand

Customer Question

my fridge is freesing
JA: What's the brand and model of your fridge? How old is it?
Customer: 3 years old dooooont fave the brand to hand as it is my daughters
JA: How long has this been going on with your refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: about 4 weeks
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the guarantee was for one year but at a cost of approx ,400 euro ,should it not have lasted longer
Expert:  James replied 14 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today. Sorry to hear your having issues, please stand by while I look into the problem for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  James replied 14 days ago.

What is the model number of your appliance, and how old is it?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
fridge freezer recipt july 2019 now the fridge is freezing can you help me
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
3 years
Expert:  James replied 14 days ago.

With this type of fault it's likely the cause is due to cold air not circulating around the appliance, which would normally suggest frost has built up behind the rear interior wall so you can't see it. 75% of the time performing a defrost of the appliance over 6 hours will solve this issue and it will melt the frost behind the rear interior wall. Do come back to me if this doesn't clear the fault, or if the fault comes back, at which point we can look at other causes.

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you are happy for the question to be closed there is no need to reply (as this will reopen the question), however do let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
thank you i will defrost
Expert:  James replied 14 days ago.

Have a great day, there is no need to reply back, however should you need further assistance please do come back to me.