Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

My hoover dishwasher is five years old, normally used about

Customer Question

my hoover dishwasher is five years old , normally used about once a week . suddenly stops working . what could be the usual problems?
JA: Do you know the model of your Hoover dishwasher?
Customer: yes will tell you in a min.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hoover dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: hfi 3012 just suddenly
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i was wondering if should fill some salt into it
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 17 days ago.
Good Afternoon 

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an appliance technician for 20 years.

I work with a language translation program and would be very grateful for your understanding.

I'm sorry I can't talk on the phone, but another expert can do it for you if you wish. If you were to book the phone service, then you may have to wait a little while until another expert becomes free and accepts your phone request.

I will try to help you as much as possible via chat.

I am sorry that you are having this problem! Please give me a few minutes to check what kind of device you have and download the correct documents. If you have not written the model number or manufacturer please write it to me now.

I ask you now for a little patience.

Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 17 days ago.

It can have different causes. Please tell me exactly what kind of problem you have. Can you no longer start programmes? Or when you start the programme, it does not start or stops after a few minutes? If you give me more information, I can give you the right advice to get the machine working again.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I can start it airtight but after starting and setting on a programme it stops after a few minutes
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Shall we do it this way for time being ?
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 17 days ago.

Okay, then either the drain pump is blocked or defective or the water inlet valve is blocked or defective. For example, if you pour 2-3 glasses of water into the appliance, how is this water pumped out when the programme starts?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have not tried that
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 17 days ago.

Please try it and write me a message afterwards.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
ok
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 17 days ago.

Ok i wait

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I turned the power on and poured about 3 glasses of water into the tray it seems to be going down alright but makes a small sound as it does when it is working
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 17 days ago.

If the appliance stops immediately, open the door and check if the water you poured in has been pumped out. If the water has been pumped out, then the drain pump is OK. Then you have a problem with the water inlet.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have not started any programme as yet . Should I try again with a programme?
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 17 days ago.

Didn't you just start a programme after dumping the water in?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Even when I tried before there. Seems to be no water coming inside
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No . I just turned the power switch on and poured some water into the tray
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 16 days ago.

Okay, if you dump water in there now, then of course you have to start a programme so that you can check whether the water is being pumped out. And then write me what exactly happens.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Water seeps down the Matt in any case even withou starting any programmed
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 16 days ago.

I'm completely confused now, I don't know if I've understood you correctly. When you open the door now, do you still hear working noises? Firstly, you have to open the door and pour water into it so that you can see it. Secondly, you have to close the door and start a programme. Thirdly, when the appliance stops after a few minutes, open the door and check whether this water has been pumped out. Is that how you did it?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No I opened the door turned the power switch on and poured some water into the floor And it just seeped down into the Matt of the washer . It is not collecting anywhere but this was all done with door open and not turned any programme on . When the water went on the Matt some sound came from the machine as it does when it is normally working .
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 16 days ago.

Of course, this is not OK. If the door is open, the appliance must not work at all. If this happens, you definitely have a leakage problem. At the bottom where the electronics are, there is a float switch. This switch turns on and causes an error if you have a leak. The unit must be pulled out once and tilted forward 45° to check if water is coming out from the bottom.