Mace2012
Mace2012, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  At your service..
68179415

We have an aeg fridge and in recent weeks the upper part of

Customer Question

Hi we have an aeg fridge and in recent weeks the upper part of the fridge is noticably warmer than the lower shelves
JA: Do you know the model of your AEG fridge?
Customer: S73800KMW0 or S73800KMX0 is what is on instruction manual
JA: How long has this been going on with your AEG refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: two weeks maybe tried turning temp down to 3C
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: dont think so
Expert:  Mace2012 replied 18 days ago.

Good day,

You have reached justanswer.co.uk., an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers. Offers for calls are just automated adverts; you can discard them if you are happy for a typed response (and do not want to pay the additional fee). Hope we can resolve it quickly via type response.

My name is ***** ***** Support Technician with over 10 years of experience, and I will assist you with your appliance today. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance. I understand how frustrating that can be.

Expert:  Mace2012 replied 18 days ago.

Can you please provide its Product number for me to check  please. (PNC, e.g.###-##-####

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hi. Where do I find this please?
Expert:  Mace2012 replied 18 days ago.

It is located on the rating plate together with the model number.Usually the rating plate is on the door or inside the appliance.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Ok will get it shortly once back
Expert:  Mace2012 replied 18 days ago.

No worries.There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I can't see a rating plate
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
File attached (23M253P)
Expert:  Mace2012 replied 18 days ago.

Please bear with me whilst I look into this for you.

Expert:  Mace2012 replied 18 days ago.

Does your fridge shows an alarm, red warning light, flashing triangle or beeps?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
no none of that
Expert:  Mace2012 replied 18 days ago.

RESOLUTION

1. Wait approx. 12 hours for the appliance to achieve the correct temperature if you have just set it up.

2.Too much food will also affect the air flow in your fridge, do not overfill your fridge.

3.Check whether the door seal and hinges are clean and undamaged.Check whether the door is closed properly and avoid leaving the door open for a long time.

4.Defrost the appliance and switch it on again.

Leave it unplugged and empty with door open for around 12-24 hours.

Then plug it back (expect some water on the floor) and wait for another 4-8 hours so it gets back to optimum temperature.The problem should be resolved.

5.If the above suggestions do not work, I recommend contacting an Authorized Service Center or please contact  03445 611 611 to book a repair.

Expert:  Mace2012 replied 18 days ago.

Should you need anything else , I remain at your disposal. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert. You’ll have the option to do that on your “My Questions” page if you choose to rate our interaction or type @ followed by my name in your next chat.

Thanks for reaching justanswer.com.uk

Have a nice day