Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

My fridge freezer seems to be defrosting and it has a red

Customer Question

Hi my fridge freezer seems to be defrosting and it has a red hazard sign flashing
JA: What's the brand and model of your fridge? How old is it?
Customer: hotpoint SMP 85 BSB
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hotpoint refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: JUST noticed it an hour ago but might have started through the night
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It has A1 on the screen but not sure if that was already there sorry
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 15 days ago.
Good Morning 

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an appliance technician for 20 years.

I work with a language translation program and would be very grateful for your understanding.

I'm sorry I can't talk on the phone, but another expert can do it for you if you wish. If you were to book the phone service, then you may have to wait a little while until another expert becomes free and accepts your phone request.

I will try to help you as much as possible via chat.

I am sorry that you are having this problem! Please give me a few minutes to check what kind of device you have and download the correct documents. If you have not written the model number or manufacturer please write it to me now.

I ask you now for a little patience.

Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 15 days ago.

You may have problems with the thermostat. I would recommend that we first switch off the appliance and disconnect the power supply. Then wait at least 4 hours and restart. If you have a super function on the unit, press it for at least 3-5 seconds. Then the cooling will be accelerated and started. However, you can only now activate the fast super frost function and watch the appliance for 30 minutes.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Okay thank you
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 15 days ago.

Please good luck and success

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
How much are the call charges please
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
163;16 I will stay on live chat please
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 15 days ago.

It was no problem. We don't need a phone call now. Please do what I suggested and then write me a message again.