drcool299
drcool299, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been an Appliance tech for the past 28 years. Worked on most of the branded appliances.
11923974

My fridge isnt cool in the top part but bottom part (freezer

Customer Question

My fridge isnt cool in the top part but bottom part (freezer ) is fine. How do I fix this?
JA: What's the brand and model of your fridge? How old is it?
Customer: beko csg 1571W
JA: How long has this been going on with your Beko refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried nothing. Not sure how long it’s been going on. Probably a few months
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It’s in a mobile home so wouldn’t have got used much in the winter. Electricity would have been switched off then too
Expert:  drcool299 replied 17 days ago.

I am Francis, and welcome to Just Answer. I have been a field service technician for the past 31 years servicing all kinds of branded appliances. I am sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your unit.

This is sounding like a lack of refrigerant.

The unit is not frostless. The whole evaporator coil starts at the freezer area, then would travel up to the fridge area to cool the back wall inside the fridge.

If the freezer is cooling well and the fridge, which is the last part of the evaporator coil is not cooling, it means that the evaporator coil is not cooling up to the very end of its pipings, then it lacks refrigerant. The refrigerant inside is no longer enough to cool up to the very last pipe of the evaporator coil.

I am sorry but this is not a do it yourself process. You would need a tech to add refrigerant on the unit although you have to ask him to find first the leak because refrigerant would not escape in a unit unless there is a leak in the system before he charges it again with refrigerant.

I would assume it would be a very small leak because the freezer is still cooling.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Please stay safe.