canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

My dishwasher won’t open, Can someone call me please? The

Customer Question

My dishwasher won’t open
JA: What's the brand and model of your dishwasher? How old is it?
Customer: Can someone call me please?
JA: How long has this been going on with your dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The motor is running constantly i can’t turn it off now
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I’ve turned off the power at source but once I turn it back on it starts again, the lights for Extra dry, Quick, sanitize and the red lock button are flashing
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
It will now open but won’t stop working
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
It’s a fisher and payel
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Double model
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 15 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the repair field for over 20 years. I am sorry you are having issues with your Fisher & Paykel dishwasher. I will be glad to help you today.

I'm happy to help you decide if you need to get your appliance professionally repaired or if you can manage the repair yourself. However, sometimes it takes me time to type out a more extended response; please be patient!

The issue is the flood switch has been activated because of an overflow. 

• When the flood switch is activated, it indicates the emergency pan has water or suds in it. The usual cause of this would be overflow from suds or incorrect configuration of the drain hose.

• The drain hose should be as high as possible coming through the cabinet to prevent the sink from backing up into the dishwasher and allowing regular dish soap residue from getting into the dishwasher.

• Another cause would be if the wrong type of detergent was used, which would cause excessive suds overflow into the pan. If you have a wet/dry vacuum, you may be able to remove the kick plate below the door and use the crevice tool to drain the pan out.

• Otherwise, you may pull the dishwasher out and tip it a bit to drain the pan. Finally, there is a plug inside the port of the garbage disposal where the dishwasher drain is connected.

Would you mind letting me know if my solution worked for you?

Do you have any additional questions or concerns?

It appears as if you are offline. I hope the information provided helped resolve your issue. If you have additional questions or more information when you log back on, don't hesitate to contact me to continue working together. Further information can help me answer your question.

Please reach out to me if anything changes or if you need to chat further!

Please contact me if anything changes or if you need to chat further!

You can add me to your favorites from the "My Questions" page, and if you start the question with the words "For canuck the pro," that will request me.

I surely want to be your go-to expert. Maybe I can tell you some household things that might be helpful. How to flush your water heater, maintain your dishwasher, or anything else that would be helpful to you. Thank you so much for allowing me to help with this today.