Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

Neff B1644NOGB/03 FD 8502 No 000016. Switch and temperature

Customer Question

Neff B1644NOGB/03 FD 8502 No 000016. Switch and temperature control erratic. What can be done and is it worth it?
JA: How old is your Neff appliance?
Customer: 2006
JA: How long has this been going on with your Neff appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: erratic for several months. Just got worse
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: have unplugged and turned on again. Some functions work but not all
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 13 days ago.
Good Afternoon 

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an appliance technician for 20 years.

I work with a language translation program and would be very grateful for your understanding.

I'm sorry I can't talk on the phone, but another expert can do it for you if you wish. If you were to book the phone service, then you may have to wait a little while until another expert becomes free and accepts your phone request.

I will try to help you as much as possible via chat.

I am sorry that you are having this problem! Please give me a few minutes to check what kind of device you have and download the correct documents. If you have not written the model number or manufacturer please write it to me now.

I ask you now for a little patience.

Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 13 days ago.

Would you like to replace or repair it yourself? I can check whether spare parts for this model still exist. Please write me exactly what you would like to do.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I might be able to as long as the correct part is diagnosed and available
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 13 days ago.

Okay, if you now switch on the oven and then select the upper function or the lower function without the fan function, do they all work or where is there an interruption?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
They do not all work
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 13 days ago.

Okay write me which area is not working?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Several come on then go off again. It’s erratic and not consistent
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Fan generally works if the functions needing it work
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 13 days ago.

Okay, if you write like this then it is very likely that the switch was defective. Here is a link where you can order a replacement:

https://www.neff-home.com/uk/shop-productlist/00496146

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Are you sure it’s not the pc board which would cost about £220?
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 13 days ago.

The way you describe the fault, it can't be the motherboard. I think that the switch is faulty and the contacts are no longer good. If the main board were defective, you would not be able to use the device at all.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thanks, ***** *****
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 13 days ago.

Please good luck and success