Tim JA
Tim JA, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

Have just purchased a grundig fridge freezer.The freezer

Customer Question

Have just purchased a grundig fridge freezer.The freezer seems to be working perfectly.The fridge however does not seem to be working
JA: What's the brand and model of your fridge?
Customer: Grundig Gkn4685vw
JA: How long has this been going on with your refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: When I turn on the lights work,then shortly after a bleeping noise happens.I then press any button on front bleeping stops
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: But then the light goes out when you open door and does not feel cold been on since 12
Expert:  Tim JA replied 15 days ago.

Good afternoon, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will help you today.

It's possible that you have a faulty appliance, or that the instructions are unclear. In any case, since your appliance so new, this is very easy - contact the retailer and request a replacement or a refund.

In case you aren't aware, you have considerable rights as a consumer under the Consumer Rights Act 2015. Since the fault occurred within six months of purchase, the onus is on the merchant to prove that the fault wasn't introduced during manufacture.

If it turns out that you missed something in the instructions, and the retailer helps you to understand, then no harm has been done and you'll have a functioning product. If the retailer can't find that you've done anything wrong, then they'll be legally obliged to replace it or refund you.
_____