canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

My problem relates to a fridge freezer which is an InCuisine

My problem relates to a fridge freezer which is an InCuisine NBW63FF (Wholesaler Inmans badged Roumanian made by? )
JA: Who makes your fridge? How old is it?
Customer: Sorry didn't finish -approx 14years old and no makers ID. The freezer door was left open for 48 hrs undetected and the freezer seriously iced up, following which it was emptied completely, disconnected and left to stand for 36 hours. Upon reconnection it was found that whilst the freezer went down to -25 and below the fridge remained resolutely at room temp. The fridge is uppermost and has no recirculating fan or vent passage to the freezer but there appear to be 2 coolant pipes rising from the compressor system up inside the left hand side of the freezer door and correspoding to where these appear to be there is an area of the cabinet which gets warm that also extends part way across beneath the fridge door -hardly contributing to cooling the fridge. Any ideas?
JA: How long has this been going on with your refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: See above
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the repair field for over 20 years. I am sorry you are having issues with your fridge icing over. I will be glad to help you today.

I'm happy to help you decide if you need to get your appliance professionally repaired or if you can manage the repair yourself. However, sometimes it takes me time to type out a more extended response; please be patient!

Unfortunately, the fridge will require full defrosting. 

Fully defrosting would mean unplugging, emptying, and leaving with the doors opened for at least 24 hours, then wiping the inside clean with bleach and water to prevent mildew.

Do you have any additional questions or concerns?

It appears as if you are offline. I hope the information provided helped resolve your issue. If you have additional questions or more information when you log back on, don't hesitate to contact me to continue working together. Further information can help me answer your question.

Please reach out to me if anything changes or if you need to chat further!

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
It would seem that may original query may have become disjointed so to recap- it is a fridge freezer with fridge on top, an InCuisine Model NBW63FF (Inmans wholesaler badged product sourced from Roumania). It was left with the freezer door open for 48hrs and was fully iced up. It has been totally defrosted, allowed to stand for 36 hours disconnected from the supply dried out totally and when restarting the freezer works fine going down to -25 or lower but the fridge neve falls below room temperature. There is no visible means of transfer of cold air from the freezer (vent or fan) but there do appear to be cooling tubes from the compressor running up the inside of the casing in the left hand door pillar and the cabinet exterior gets warm both there and along the front surface beneath the fridge door -hardly a recipe for effective cooling of the fridge. I repeat , this problem occurred immediately following the lengthy operating spell due to the freezer door being open. Any ideas?

The issue is often related to the components that transfer the cold from the freezer to the fridge compartment.

• The first thing to check is if the damper fan motor is coming on. The damper fan motor is in the back or sidewall of the fridge compartment.

• Test to see if this fan can spin freely, ensuring that no ice or debris stops the movement. Sometimes cleaning of this area can quickly solve the problem.

• If that is the case, that may be why your refrigerator is not cooling, but the freezer is working.

• If this fan is not coming on, it will not transfer the cold, and the fridge will warm. If the fan is coming on, check to ensure that items in the freezer are not blocking the airflow.

• Also, if the fan is coming on and there is still not a transfer of cold air to the fridge, then the damper motor may need replacing. Airflow is essential for the proper function of the cooling compartments. If you see frost buildup in the freezer compartment or around the fan, that could be a symptom of a door seal not sealing well or a failure of the defrost system.

• The cooling plate gets frosty, and the fan blows the air over the plate to transfer the cold air. There is a defrost cycle to this function so that ice does not build on the plate and components, which would cause poor cooling.

• When there is a refrigerant leak, the freezer is the last to see inadequate cooling, and the fridge is the first. If there is a refrigerant leak, you may find that the compressor is getting very hot. An appliance that is less than five years old may be under full warranty. A fridge under ten years may be under partial warranty.

Please contact me if anything changes or if you need to chat further!

You can add me to your favorites from the "My Questions" page, and if you start the question with the words "For canuck the pro," that will request me.

I surely want to be your go-to expert. Maybe I can tell you some household things that might be helpful. How to flush your water heater, maintain your dishwasher, or anything else that would be helpful to you. Thank you so much for allowing me to help with this today.