Tim JA
Tim JA, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I have water in the fridge - the drainage hole at the bottom

Customer Question

I have water in the fridge - the drainage hole at the bottom appears to be blocked and I can't seem to unblock it - have tried using a small bottle brush without success....any ideas
JA: What's the brand and model of your fridge? How old is it?
Customer: it is a Liebherr 60 40 fridge freezer
JA: How long has this been going on with your Liebherr refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: a couple of weeks - just trying to unblock with small brush as I mentioned
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: don's think so
Expert:  Tim JA replied 17 days ago.

Good evening, and welcome to the Technical section in Just Answer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear of your fridge problem.  I would say that the drain tube that leads from the hole in the back is clogged. This is simple to clear.

The best thing to use is a 1 metre length of net curtain wire - the springy stuff coated with PVC. Put/keep a hook in one end so that you don't lose it. Just gently and slowly push the curtain wire into the hole and down the channel. Pull it back and forth a couple of times, and that should be enough. Pour a small amount of water onto the drain valley to run into the hole, to test it. Not too much water - just enough to prove that it's clear.