Tim JA
Tim JA, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

Can’t make my hob work, Electric 8/10 months, last month

Can’t make my hob work
JA: Is your hob gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: Electric 8/10 months
JA: How long has this been going on with your hob? What have you tried so far?
Customer: last month when switching on up make a blessing
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: bleeping noise. I switch off and later the noise stops and I can proceed. Tonight same thing but now the top right job remains on. When I try to use other hobs say job 4.hob 5 will light up. And the top right hob remains on all the time. Currently the cooler has been switched for 25

Good evening, and welcome to the Technical section in Just Answer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear of your hob problem.

If you're following the instructions given in the manual, and the hob is misbehaving like this, then the control board is faulty. This can be replaced, but your hob is still under warranty, so you can have it repaired at no cost. What is the model of your hob?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Sorry about delay. I found the web site very confusing so I left it until today. First everything seems to have come back to normal. I switched off power to whole unit for an hour. Everything now seems ok. I’ll keep all your details on file in case. Lastly I can’t access the model number as it is stamped on the hob somewhere and as the hob is fitted i don’t know how to find it. Can you help Wyn Sheryn

I'm glad to hear that it's now working :-)

The most common installation has an oven underneath the hob, which you would have to unmount and extract to be able to see the underside of the hob.