Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

My Samsung fridge freezer is making a loud whirring noise

Customer Question

My Samsung fridge freezer is making a loud whirring noise which stops when either door is opened but starts again as soon as they’re shut .
JA: What device or product has sound issues?
Customer: It’s aSamsung American Style Fridge Freezer RS68N8220S9
JA: How long have you had your RS68N8220S9?
Customer: Bought on 19 /02/2020
JA: What have you tried so far with your Samsung product?
Customer: I’ve checked no vents are blocked or if it have any ice build up . Can’t find anything obvious.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It’s been noisy intermittently for a while but definitely getting worse .
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 15 days ago.
Good Morning 

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an appliance technician for 20 years.

I work with a language translation program and would be very grateful for your understanding.

I'm sorry I can't talk on the phone, but another expert can do it for you if you wish. If you were to book the phone service, then you may have to wait a little while until another expert becomes free and accepts your phone request.

I will try to help you as much as possible via chat.

I am sorry that you are having this problem! Please give me a few minutes to check what kind of device you have and download the correct documents. If you have not written the model number or manufacturer please write it to me now.

I ask you now for a little patience.

Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 15 days ago.

The noise is most likely coming from the fan. If the fan is faulty or blocked by ice, such noises are caused. I would recommend that you first check the fan area optically.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you . I Appreciate your help.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 15 days ago.
Please good luck and success
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Where is the fan located?
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 15 days ago.

It can be at the back of the compressor. But it can also be in the middle position in the refrigerator area. Unfortunately, I don't have an exploded view of this unit.