KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

I have a Hotpoint SMX95XXX bought in Sept 2016. I have

I have a Hotpoint SMX95XXX bought in Sept 2016. I have noticed the freezer is working fine but the fridge is not cool enough. I have pulled the fridge freezer out and the back is clean there doesnt appear to be any dust. Can you help!!
JA: How old is your Hotpoint freezer?
Customer: 6 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hotpoint freezer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: This appears to have been going on for a few weeks now. I have noticed that veg has not been lasting as long as it should and has been going off quicker. We have tried turning off the freezer and turning it back on again and we have put the fridge on super cool but this has changed anything.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No that seems to be it.

Good morning and Welcome to Justanswer,

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Hotpoint Fridge Freezer.

Please allow few minutes while I check its schematics and then type the answer.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.

This indicates temperature issue and/or an air flow problem due to heavy ice build-up inside the rear wall of the appliance.

Please try this to solve the issue:

Leave it unplugged and empty with door open for around 12-24 hours.

Then plug it back (expect some water on the floor) and wait for another 4-8 hours so it gets back to optimum temperature.

The problem should be resolved.

However, if the issue appears again then the problem is with defrost operation.

You will have to test/replace the temperature sensor and/or defrost heater element to resolve the issue.

Alternatively, you may call Hotpoint at 03448 225 225 to book repair.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

I hope I was able to answer your question.

If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert.

You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish.

Have a wonderful day.