Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

My dryer has been working fine and just gone to turn it on

Customer Question

Hi my dryer has been working fine and just gone to turn it on and it wont spin, is just beeping and theres a slight smell of burning but there is no lights on the front except for one that looks like a wardrobe
JA: What's the brand and model of your dryer? How old is it?
Customer: 2 years old and its Candy grand vita 10kg
JA: How long has this been going on with your dryer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: only today to my knowledge and i emptied the water and the lint filter and still the same so just switched off at wall
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no thats all
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 16 days ago.
Good Afternoon 

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an appliance technician for 20 years.

I work with a language translation program and would be very grateful for your understanding.

I'm sorry I can't talk on the phone, but another expert can do it for you if you wish. If you were to book the phone service, then you may have to wait a little while until another expert becomes free and accepts your phone request.

I will try to help you as much as possible via chat.

I am sorry that you are having this problem! Please give me a few minutes to check what kind of device you have and download the correct documents. If you have not written the model number or manufacturer please write it to me now.

I ask you now for a little patience.

Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 16 days ago.

Please tell me exactly which symbols you see on the control panel and display when you switch it on. You can also send me a photo of it so that I can examine it. Below the message box you have a place where you can attach photos. You may have problems with the door switch or the motherboard.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 16 days ago.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Only the led that looks like a cupboard and then control panel looks normal
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 16 days ago.

It may be that a key lock is activated. Is this the child lock you may see?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No its not child lock
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
it smells like burning
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 16 days ago.

Okay then you definitely have a problem with either the door switch, cable connection or motherboard. I can give you instructions on how to fix it. I can also send you a link where you can buy a replacement door switch. Or would you like to book a repair?