Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an AEG washer dryer lavamat and it’s saying error

I have an AEG washer dryer lavamat and it’s saying error message EFO. I put a hot wash through empty of clothes after cleaning it and ended up with soap suds everywhere. I cleaned it and tipped it up which seemed to resolve it but it was was occasionally filling with water when not in use. I disconnected the water whilst we went on holiday but it now just sounds like it’s doing a cycle then beeps and gives EFO. Not sure what to do as everything is clean of fluff and no problem with the door seal.
JA: Do you know the model of your AEG washer-dryer? How old is it?
Customer: L16850A3 bought in 2012
JA: How long has this been going on with your AEG washer-dryer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I’ve put everything in my original message
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: can’t think of anything else

Hi, Im Daniel and welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your washer, Hopefully i can help you on this.

You may get an offer for a phone request, Now im afraid i dont do them as i only do the online chat so if you dont want the phone request then just ignore it.

EF0 usually means water has leaked into the base of the washer and activated the flood switch.

Pull the washer out and lean it backwards and see if any water drain out from the base of the machine.

If it does then stand it up right and retry the washer and see how it goes from there.

As the washer filling up on its own then if its clean water its usually the water valve at fault causing this.

But if its dirty water then it could be backing in from the sink unit if the waste hose goes under a sink.

If it is then loop the waste hose up and this usually stops this from happening.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Already tried tilting the machine after cleaning the soap suds and the first time we did that the machine worked again but it then started to fill up occasionally when not on a wash. We disconnected the water whilst away on holiday and when we’ve connected it back up it makes a noise like it’s on a cycle but then beeps and gives the error EFO. We’ve tilted it again and reconnected the water pipe but it isn’t resolving the problem

Ok pull the wash out and turn the power off.

Then remove the rear panel and there you will see the flood switch in the base of the washer.

Check the float switch in there isnt stuck so its keeping the switch activated.

So lift it up and down a few times then retry the washer and see how it goes from there.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok great I’ll try that.

No worries.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
We have removed the rear panel and moved the switch up and down but it is very delicate so when we’ve wedged something underneath the polystyrene to keep the switch open it is working. Do we need to replace the switch?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Not sure if this call has been closed down? My follow up question is - We have removed the rear panel and moved the switch up and down but it is very delicate so when we’ve wedged something underneath the polystyrene to keep the switch open it is working. Do we need to replace the switch?

No its not been closed, Im just not online during the day in the week to pick up the replys stright away.

If its working if you wedge something up under the float switch then its working the opposite way so it can only be a faulty switch here.

So replace the  switch and see how it goes from there.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok great we’ve ordered a switch today so hopefully it will come tomorrow finger’s crossed it will cure the problem.

Fingers crossed it sorts it.