Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a WMFG611 washing machine that has suddenly decided

Customer Question

I have a WMFG611 washing machine that has suddenly decided to stop spinning. I gave washing in that is soaking
JA: How old is your washer? Have you checked if the drain hose is clogged?
Customer: Not sure how old the machine is
JA: How long has this been going on with your washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It’s worked perfectly all day and then about an hour ago it stopped spinning, there is no error code on the disply
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the machine is making all the right noises as if it’s going to spin but the nothing is moving
Expert:  Daniel replied 14 days ago.

Hi, Im Daniel and welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your washer, Hopefully i can help you on this.

You may get an offer for a phone request, Now im afraid i dont do them as i only do the online chat so if you dont want the phone request then just ignore it

If the washer has stopped spinning then it may be down to worn carbon brushes in the motor as when they wear it stops the drum from turning.

To check this you need to pull washer out and turn the power off.

Remove the rear panel and there you will see the motor at the bottom of the drum.

Remove the motor and then at the back of the motor either side are the carbon brushes.

Remove these and see if they have worn. If they are only a few mm then they have worn.

Replace the carbon brushes and then see how it goes from there.#

So check them if you can and see what you find from there.