James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

How do I change cooker control switch CredaCarefree, Creda

Customer Question

How do I change cooker control switch CredaCarefree
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: Creda CareFree###-##-####JA: How long has this been going on with your Creda appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just a few months since the rear right cooker ring exploded and made a hole in the frying while I was using it. And I put a new ring in
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: when using the other rings that one get hot when not switched on. Do you think it’s the switch or could it be I’ve wired it up wrong
Expert:  James replied 17 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today. Sorry to hear your having issues, please stand by while I look into the problem for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  James replied 17 days ago.

This does sound like a faulty control switch, rather than a wiring fault.

To replace the switch you need to lift away the hob to access behind the control panela and you can then disconnect the wires from the back of the control panel and pull off the knob at the front to remove the knob at the rear.

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you are happy for the question to be closed there is no need to reply (as this will reopen the question), however do let me know if you have any follow up questions.