James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My dish washer NEFF makes noise and not draining water. When

Customer Question

My dish washer NEFF makes noise and not draining water. When I switch on, it starts to fill water and keeps making noises.
Expert:  James replied 17 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today. Sorry to hear your having issues, please stand by while I look into the problem for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  James replied 17 days ago.

What is the model number of your appliance, and how old is it?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thanks for your reply.it is built in the kitchen and couldn't find the model number on it. I think it is more than 12 years old.
Expert:  James replied 17 days ago.

Based on the symptoms you have outlined it's likely the fault is caused by the flood sensor located in the base detecting water. To resolve the issue you need to switch off the appliance at the wall and pull it out of the cupboard void. Once removed you need to tilt the washer at a steep angle forward and hold it in place for around 1 minute, stand the appliance back up, and then turn on the power. You should now be able to run a new program to confirm the fault has cleared, should the fault not clear then the sensor is most likely at fault, should the fault come back after a wash then there is a leak causing water to get back into the base, and in either case the next stage would be to book in a service engineer to attend.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank you for your guidance and support.
Expert:  James replied 17 days ago.

Have a great day, there is no need to reply back, however should you need further assistance please do come back to me.