James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

We have a drop leaf cupboard made by brink, we have a drop

We have a drop leaf cupboard made by brink Ann
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: we have a drop leaf wall cupboard made by brinkm***** *****fe art The gas spring has snapped and we cannot find a replacement. It is stainless steel and is 400 when extended. The writing on it is farramenta Livenza of Italiano. It does not have to be the same make as long as it is equilavent. 400 or 16 inches for drop leaf cupboard.
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We have tried everywhere the past 3 weeks. Most of them are for lift up and only go up to 300 when extended.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It was ordered by dansk on 8th December 2010 The order number was 6/74/641038

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today. Sorry to hear your having issues, please stand by while I look into the problem for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Parts for furniture generally are a challenge so you end up sourcing generic parts, in the gas of the gas struts have you considered using a website such as here which does them in a range of sizes (including 400mm) and also different fittings.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
We have tried them but they cannot help. There must be some stainless steel gas struts 400 somewhere as that’s what brickmann fitted ‍♀️
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Can u ring me on my mobile***********
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Can u ring me please

The gas strut can be purchased here.