James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Rob, I have a domestic fridge in our camper ,and the fridge

Customer Question

Hi Rob ,
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I have a domestic fridge in our camper ,and the fridge lock is broken we now cannot open or close the door . We bought the bustner nexxo family in 2008 don't know the model of the fridge
JA: What's the brand and model of your fridge? How old is it?
Customer: It's the opening and locking mechanism on the front of the fridge
JA: How long has this been going on with your refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Happened yesterday, the fridge door opened while in transit and when we stopped to close it the sliding mechanis was stuck , and when we tried to close it the sliding mechanism is stuck and will not slide to open or close ,the fridge is now locked closed
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: How do I open the fridge , and what do I need to get to fix it
Expert:  James replied 16 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today. Sorry to hear your having issues, please stand by while I look into the problem for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  James replied 16 days ago.

What is the model number of your appliance, and how old is it?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Don't know as I have said earlier,can't open the door to see if there is a product no sticker anywhere on the fridge. We bought our bustner camper new in 2008
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I wish to cancel any subscription to just answer and request a confirmation email to that effect
Expert:  James replied 15 days ago.

Without the information requested I can only provide generic advice at this time, but happy to elaborate once you provide the additional info. For now I hope you find this initial guidance useful.

Where the lock has failed you cant remove the latch without opening the door so would just a flat screw driver to prise it open, you can then source a new catch here

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you are happy for the question to be closed there is no need to reply (as this will reopen the question), however do let me know if you have any follow up questions.