KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

Got a Electra ECFF165W fridge freezer, fridge is so cold

Hello got a Electra ECFF165W fridge freezer, fridge is so cold food is freezing, oat milk in tetra pack like a brick, yogurt solid etc. There is ice on the back wall, door seals look fine. In a spare bedroom so door not opened and closed a lot, Dial set at 1 have tried 3 and 5 no difference. Any ideas what is wrong.
JA: What device is frozen?
Customer: Fridge is freezing contents, freezer ok
JA: How long have you had your ECFF165W?
Customer: About 3 years
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked door seals, checked back for dust, checked drain which was clear, adjusted thermostat from 1 to 3 and 5 at different times, made no difference
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks

Good day and Welcome to Justanswer,

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Electra Fridge Freezer.

Please allow few minutes while I check its schematics and then type the answer.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
OK

This indicates temperature issue and/or an air flow problem due to heavy ice build-up inside the rear wall of the appliance.

Please try this to solve the issue:

Leave it unplugged and empty with door open for around 12-24 hours.

Then plug it back (expect some water on the floor) and wait for another 4-8 hours so it gets back to optimum temperature.

The problem should be resolved.

However, if the issue appears again then the problem is with defrost operation.

You will have to test/replace the temperature sensor and/or defrost heater element to resolve the issue.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Can you confirm food in freezer will be ok if I turn off appliance but keep freezer door closed, but fridge door open? I cannot afford to waste all the food in freezer and nowhere to store it

I understand, you may leave it unplugged for around 6 hours with the Fridge door open or try above advise, after you have used most of the products in your appliance.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.

You're welcome and Good Luck.

I hope I was able to answer your question.

If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert.

You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish.

Have a wonderful day.