Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

My washing machine does half of its cycle and then stops,

My washing machine does half of its cycle and then stops
JA: Is your washer top or front loading? How old is it?
Customer: Front loading and 8 months
JA: How long has this been going on with your washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: since yesterday, cleaned the filter, checked the drainage, cleaned out the u bend on the out going, and cleaned the tray, switched it off unplugged and then switched back on
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: there is washing in the machine that needs to come out but we can’t unlock the door
Good Evening 

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an appliance technician for 20 years.

I work with a language translation program and would be very grateful for your understanding.

I'm sorry I can't talk on the phone, but another expert can do it for you if you wish. If you were to book the phone service, then you may have to wait a little while until another expert becomes free and accepts your phone request.

I will try to help you as much as possible via chat.

I am sorry that you are having this problem! Please give me a few minutes to check what kind of device you have and download the correct documents. If you have not written the model number or manufacturer please write it to me now.

I ask you now for a little patience.

If the unit stops in the middle of the cycle, it may be due to several reasons. It may be that they have problems with the heater, motor or main board. Can you test the spin and pump programme only once so that we can test the motor and drain pump only?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
We’re currently doing the spin and drain

Ok i wait

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
It looks like it is draining currently where as it did not do that before

Yes, let the programme end normally. And then immediately restart only the spin and pump down programme to test if it goes through without problems. Then you can write me a message again.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
It stopped on the spin, all the lights are currently flashing

Okay then you definitely have a faulty motor or drain pump. Have you already cleaned the drain pump at the bottom? Have you opened the filter?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
We have cleaned the drain pump and have cleaned the filter

Okay, then you have a problem with the motor. Of course, if you are 100 per cent sure that there is no foreign body down in the drain pump. Depending on the age and use of the motor, the carbon brushes may be worn out. How old is your washing machine?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
It’s only 8 months old but there is 100% nothing in the drain pump

Can you give me the manufacturer and model number so that I have an overview. We definitely have a warranty then. Do you still have the invoice at home?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Indesit, bwa 81475, the local council provided us with it so we will have to contact them

I think they have problems with the motor. It's not a malfunction you can just reset. It has to be repaired. If you have a warranty, you need to call the service centre for the warranty department. Here is the toll-free number for that: 03448 224224 Unfortunately, I have no influence on appointments. I can only advise you online.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Okay thanks for your help

Please good luck and success