Mace2012
Mace2012, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  At your service..
68179415

I have a piece fallen off my brother 1034D over locker- I

Customer Question

I have a piece fallen off my brother 1034D over locker- I don’t know what it is and how to put it back
JA: How long have you had your 1034D?
Customer: 3 or four years
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Google. Spare parts images. Checking threading and tension. Can I send a photo?
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I wonder if is something to do with the feed as it doesn’t seem to be working so well
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 15 days ago.

Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 15 days ago.

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.co.uk

I would like to start by introducing myself, I am Andrew, one of the many experts on JustAnswer.co.uk with over 30 years of experience! I know it can be frustrating when electronics go wrong but from my experience, misconfiguration is usually the most common reason and with the right advice and guidance you can be sure to have them addressed. Please allow me a few moments to investigate the information you have logged with us today so that I can provide you with the information you need to have this matter addressed

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Could you share an image of the part that has fallen off? 

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I will share one as soon as I get home from work !

Much appreciated.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
This is the piece

Where has that fallen off, can you show me?

As I have not heard back from you, I will return this question back to the pool of questions where other experts may be able to assist.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Sorry. Multitasking- I think from the base plate or somewhere near the needles
Expert:  Mace2012 replied 14 days ago.

Good day,

My name is Mace  and I will assist you with your appliance today. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance. I understand how frustrating that can be. Please bear with me whilst I look into this for you.

Expert:  Mace2012 replied 14 days ago.

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question.

The piece can be found on the Accessories catalog link below, please refer on page 9 image 15.

Should you need anything else , I remain at your disposal.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi mace
The problem is I don’t know where it has fallen off from.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It’s not on any of the photos in accessory catalogue. I already tried that.
Expert:  Mace2012 replied 14 days ago.

This side cutter trims and facilitates the machine to overcast the fabric edge as it seams.

Video instructions for Side Cutter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeZ-1ZTedxI

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No it’s not a cutter.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
The blades are fine
Expert:  Mace2012 replied 14 days ago.

For details, please refer to the operation manual below.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
This is not the right part or the right machine. It’s an overlocker - the blades are already there
Expert:  Mace2012 replied 14 days ago.

No worries,I understand. If you are not referring on the image below, I will release the request again so that an experienced expert can help you.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
This
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Base with presser foot
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Base without presser foot
Expert:  Mace2012 replied 14 days ago.

Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information

Expert:  Mace2012 replied 14 days ago.

You are referring on that chaining fork and it is usually  located attach on the needleplate, for more details and diagram please click here.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Yay!!! That’s it. I need a new needle plate. Thank you so much!
Expert:  Mace2012 replied 14 days ago.

You are most welcome it has been a pleasure chatting with you today. :)

Should you need anything else , I remain at your disposal. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert. You’ll have the option to do that on your “My Questions” page if you choose to rate our interaction or type @ followed by my name in your next chat.

Thanks for reaching justanswer.com.uk

Wishing you a great day!