Mace2012
Mace2012, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  At your service..
68179415

We have a Delinghi ECAM23.450. The bean container is full

Customer Question

Hello!
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: we have a Delinghi ECAM23.450. The bean container is full but the machine keeps saying fill the bean container. What should I do?
JA: Who makes your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: its at least 10 years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it started yesterday. I am trying to gently stir the beans but it doesn’t help.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The beans got wet but we emptied them and dried the machine
Expert:  Mace2012 replied 15 days ago.

Good day,

You have reached justanswer.co.uk., an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers. Offers for calls are just automated adverts; you can discard them if you are happy for a typed response (and do not want to pay the additional fee). Hope we can resolve it quickly via type response.

My name is ***** ***** Support Technician with over 10 years of experience, and I will assist you with your appliance today. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance. I understand how frustrating that can be.

To help me better assist you, please provide its make and complete model number and or serial number-a long number from behind the water tank or inside the service door. (*****************85)

Expert:  Mace2012 replied 15 days ago.

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question.

Please try this to solve the issue:

1. Please try to unplug the machine from the main power for 5 minutes then re-plug and try again. 
  2.  Empty the funnel with the help of a brush as described in the section “Cleaning the pre-ground coffee funnel” on page 17 please click here.
  3. Please check the ground coffee level. If it is full, please check ground coffee container is not properly seated in its place, try to move it to its proper place.

4. Try to use other kinds of coffee beans.

However, if this doesn't resolve the issue, given the age of the system the unit needs to be inspected in one of authorized repair centers. 

For out of warranty coffee machines I would advise to contact Staffords Ltd, Delonghi authorised repair agents, by clicking on the below link or phone them on 0345(###) ###-####for a quote.

please click here: https://www.repairitreuseit.com/

Expert:  Mace2012 replied 15 days ago.

Should you need anything else , I remain at your disposal. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert. You’ll have the option to do that on your “My Questions” page if you choose to rate our interaction or type @ followed by my name in your next chat.

Thanks for reaching justanswer.com.uk

Wishing you a great day!