canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

Vax Pet, I think hose blocked, I think blockage just below

Vax Pet, I think hose blocked, I think blockage just below the upper bent end: how can I get at it?
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: Vax Air Pet Max I should think 5 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Max appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm not sure whether tenant has used it. It was working OK when I was last here 3 weeks ago. Bent coat hanger does not seem to reach the blockage.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't hink so except that I need to hoover!
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Maybe it is not the hose that's blocked
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
The rush of air comes out of the top of the canister
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Solved it myself by brushing top filter. Can I have my £1 back please?

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the repair field for over 20 years. I am sorry you are having issues with your Vax Air Pet Max vacuum. I will be glad to help you today.

I'm happy to help you decide if you need to get your appliance professionally repaired or if you can manage the repair yourself. However, sometimes it takes me time to type out a more extended response; please be patient!

First, you will want to disconnect the hose and check the suction at the hose connection port.

Check carefully for a blockage in the hose or the elbow and inspect the hose to ensure no tears.

If the hose has been regularly fully extended, it will tear and cause suction issues. If that still seems weak, check the collection tank screen filter to ensure it is not full of hair or debris.

Remove the pre-filter and clean it well with dish soap and water.

Be sure that the filter is thoroughly dried before using it again. Any dampness getting into the motor can cause damage. Sometimes the HEPA filter is forgotten too, so if you have that, then remove that filter and inspect it.

If you have another vacuum, then vacuum the HEPA filter well and inside the HEPA filter housing.

Be sure to wipe the inside of the filter housings with a slightly damp cloth so that the filters will make a good seal. As a safety precaution, unplug it and periodically run your hand along the entire cord to ensure there are no tears or stressed points.

Do you have any additional questions or concerns?

It appears as if you are offline. I hope the information provided helped resolve your issue. If you have additional questions or more information when you log back on, don't hesitate to contact me to continue working together. Further information can help me answer your question.

Please reach out to me if anything changes or if you need to chat further!

Please contact me if anything changes or if you need to chat further!

You can add me to your favorites from the "My Questions" page, and if you start the question with the words "For canuck the pro," that will request me.

I surely want to be your go-to expert. Maybe I can tell you some household things that might be helpful. How to flush your water heater, maintain your dishwasher, or anything else that would be helpful to you. Thank you so much for allowing me to help with this today.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The service was so slow in responding I solved the difficulty first.

I see. I responded 45 minutes after you posted the question. I am glad you were able to solve the problem.