Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

I have a whirlpool 20 RSB, it had lllll, It has just started

Hi I have a whirlpool 20 RSB , it had lllll
JA: Do you know the model of your Whirlpool appliance? How old is it?
Customer: It has just started to trip my electricity , I'm wondering is it an easy fix or should I buy a new fridge , bearing in mind I have my fridge about 16 years
JA: What have you tried so far with your Whirlpool refrigerator?
Customer: nothing at the minute , we identified that it's the fridge that's the problem , but have no clue what to do
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: don't think so only that's it's old and never given us any bother before

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.co.uk

I would like to start by introducing myself, I am Andrew, one of the many experts on JustAnswer.co.uk with over 30 years of experience! I know it can be frustrating when electronics go wrong but from my experience, misconfiguration is usually the most common reason and with the right advice and guidance you can be sure to have them addressed. Please allow me a few moments to investigate the information you have logged with us today so that I can provide you with the information you need to have this matter addressed

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Perfect thank you
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No I am not calling as it will cost me €18

I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you have a query relating to a Whirlpool Fridge which has started to trip the mains at the fusebox. I have found if your refrigerator trips often, then it is likely due to the compressor. Every time your compressor turns on to run the cooling cycle, it will trip the breaker. When this happens, it is typically due to a grounding issue with the compressor that is causing the part to essentially become overloaded with electricity and in such instance, you will need to consult a professional such as an Appliance Engineer to check this for you. I understand you may not be sure who to contact and for that reason, I would recommend using search directories such as Yell.com where you will find a list of local professionals.

1. Go to Yell.com
  2. Enter Appliance Engineer in the search field. 
  3. Enter your Postal code in the location search field. 
  4. Call the services listed and book one that fits your budget. 

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
That's sounds about right, thank you for your help
Always here to help.