Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

The drum on my washing machine is not turning either for a

the drum on my washing machine is not turning either for a wash or spin. Any suggestions?
JA: Is your washer top or front loading? How old is it?
Customer: front loading. 4 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just today. Cleaned the drain filter
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: whether the machine can be repaired

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.co.uk

I would like to start by introducing myself, I am Andrew, one of the many experts on JustAnswer.co.uk with over 30 years of experience! I know it can be frustrating when electronics go wrong but from my experience, misconfiguration is usually the most common reason and with the right advice and guidance you can be sure to have them addressed. Please allow me a few moments to investigate the information you have logged with us today so that I can provide you with the information you need to have this matter addressed

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Could you let me know the make and model of the unit? 

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Bosch washing machine Vario perfect WAq284S0GB/21

I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you have a query relating to a washing machine where the drum is unable to turn during a wash cycle. I have found If your washing machine is not turning the drum when it's filled with water or on a spin cycle the problem can be due to worn motor brushes. In this instance, you will need to consult a local professional such as an Appliance Engineer who can book in to investigate further. I can understand you may not be sure who to contact and for that reason, I would recommend using search directories such as yell.com where you will find a list of local professionals.

1. Go to Yell.com
  2. Enter Appliance Engineer in the search field. 
  3. In the location field, enter your postal code for local results. 
  4. Call the services from the search results and book a service that fits your budget. 

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
thanks for your help. Really appreciated

Always here to help.