Pete itpeter
Pete itpeter,
Experience:  dasdasd
30970729

How can I reset the programming? Machine is stopping mid

How can I reset the programming? Machine is stopping mid cycle telling me that the door is open
JA: What's the brand and model of your laundry appliance? How old is it?
Customer: Samurai
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Zanussi jetstream 1400 ..about 14 years old and well looked after. The door thing has been happening for about a year but it as hold the door it catches.. Recently stopping mid cycle so we have to drain and run a rinse cycle.. Won't drain for me now. Filter clean ..
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Don't think so

Hi! My name is***** am the expert who will be assisting you today.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi Pete,I'm Tasha. And I have a mountain of washing to do and a machine that is not cooperating.

Hi Tasha, from what you describe it appears the door sensor has failed and will need to be replaced. Has a repair engineer looked at the machine yet?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
a while back but he was useless and did not resolve the issue. Could i buy one and for myself??

If you have some technical skills it should be possible. It does involve taking off the panels and getting inside the machine.

The biggest problem is that spare parts are very hard to find for this old model - they are no longer made so would need to be removed from another old machine and may not be reliable.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Well, that idea died real fast lol. Looking like a new machine is needed

Given the age of the machine you will need to consider if it is worth investing in fitting an old door sensor which may fail soon after, or some other part of the machine may fail soon; or if it would be more economical to invest in a new machine.

Does that completely answer your question? Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or if anything in this answer was unclear, and I will be happy to help.

Hi, just following up on your question - please let me know if you have any further questions about this and I'll be more than happy to help :) Have a great day, Pete.