Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

Got a fix or replace question on a Sharp washing machine

Got a fix or replace question on a Sharp washing machine ES-GL62W
JA: Is your Sharp washer top or front loading? How old is it?
Customer: Front loading...5 yo
JA: How long has this been going on with your Sharp washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It started this past Friday ... tripping the circuit
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just that it keeps tripping circuit everytime washing machine is switched on ... and washing machine is owned by a disabled person in zimmer frame
Good Afternoon 

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an appliance technician for 20 years.

I work with a language translation program and would be very grateful for your understanding.

I'm sorry I can't talk on the phone, but another expert can do it for you if you wish. If you were to book the phone service, then you may have to wait a little while until another expert becomes free and accepts your phone request.

I will try to help you as much as possible via chat.

I am sorry that you are having this problem! Please give me a few minutes to check what kind of device you have and download the correct documents. If you have not written the model number or manufacturer please write it to me now.

I ask you now for a little patience.

Most of the time when the washing machine blows the fuse, either the main board or the cable connection is defective. Please also test your wall socket. First test the wall socket with another small household appliance. This way you are sure that it is not caused by the socket.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Will test wall socket as you advise. If it does not trip the fuse does that mean the problem is with the washing machine?

Exactly, you can test the socket with another appliance. If this does not cause an error, then there is definitely a problem with the washing machine. It may be that the cable connection inside the appliance is damaged, or the motherboard. The appliance must be completely opened and tested with an electrical meter.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No ... chat fine

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
If problem isolated to washing machine will I have to get a certified electrician to check washing machine cable and motherboard to further trouble shoot?

Yes, that is correct. Either an electrician or a washing machine technician must then look at the problem. If they can't do it themselves, of course.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I assume if it's a cable problem a qualified electrician should be able to easily fix but if motherboard is problem would it be better to just buy a new washing machine?

Yes, that is correct. In the worst case, the capital China is defective. And it is your decision whether to have it repaired or not.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
How long would it take get replacement part? If supply is problem then no good as owner is disabled person that needs washing machine operational expeditiously ... so this is narrowing down options
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
washing machine is about 5 years old

I am really sorry, I have just sent an incorrect text. The AutoCorrect programme is not working properly. I had meant to write that your motherboard could be defective in the worst case. Of course, the motherboard could be reordered. It would take between 5-9 working days for it to arrive.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
how much do you estimate a motherboard would cost?

Depending on the model, the motherboard can cost between 100-190 pounds. If you give me the nameplate data, I can take a look. You will find the type plate on the door frame or on the rear wall.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
ES-GL62W

This is just the model number. I need the nameplate data.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Where is the nameplate data located?

It is once on the door frame and at the back on the rear wall.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I am not near the washing machine in question ... so I can't supply that but have a QR code

I would recommend that you give me the typical data again when you are in the vicinity. I really need the data from the type plate. A barcode does not help me.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
QR code

This Markus does not help me well I need the data from the type plate.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
OK I can live with the 100-190 pound estimate for replacement part ... Thank You for trouble shooting steps

Please good luck and success

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Is there a telephone number I can get back to you as owner of washing machine (mother) does not have internet connection?

What is the service number where you can call and ask if necessary? 0333(###) ###-####/a>

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank You ... you been a great help Erdal